The following partnering library systems have been granted Library Services and Technology Act (LSTA) funding to provide mini grants to its member libraries: Bridges, Eastern Shores, Kenosha County, Lakeshores, Mid-Wisconsin, Milwaukee County, and Winnefox.
This grant allows $7,000 for libraries to afford additional opportunities in the areas of youth and special services such as to help purchase materials and supplies related to what was learned at the workshop that will help provide new or improve current library services or for additional continuing education opportunities.
Guidelines: If your library sent a staff member to the October 14th Youth Services Workshop, your library’s application will be given special consideration–whether you attended that day in-person or from one of the two remote sites where the program was streamed. A library or group of libraries may submit an application to request reimbursement up to $500 for supporting continuing education or projects in the areas of youth services and/or special services following and related to the in-person Youth Services Workshop on October 14, 2016. Libraries may request reimbursements for the following: purchasing materials or supplies, paying for a speaker, attending a conference or training, or enrolling in an online course.
- Purchase materials to provide sensory story times learned from the Youth Services Workshop.
- Were you inspired by one of our past mini grant winners? Foster a relationship with a community partner and work on implementing a project together; build your parenting collection to include materials for parents of children with special needs; or purchase materials to be used for storytime, open play, films and special children’s events.
- Offer programming for teens, including passive programs, after school activities, and ways to make it inviting for teens with special needs.
- Fund the cost for attending an ALA or InfoPeople online training session in youth or special services.
- Inspire young minds by offering coding in the library.
Application Deadline: All grant applications must be received by Monday, November 28, 2016. Libraries will be notified by Monday, December 5, 2016 regarding their application status. Reimbursement forms must be received before Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
Questions? Do you want to run your idea past us before applying? No problem! Contact Angela Meyers (email@example.com) or Laurie Freund (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call 262-896-8080.
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED