- Virtual Materials Meetup
August 19, 2020
1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
The ongoing COVID-19 pandemic may have changed how your library is preparing and handling materials. Here is your chance to meet with colleagues from other libraries in our Southeastern Wisconsin (SEWI) region and share how the pandemic has affected your processing, preparation, storage, maintenance and repair of materials during these times. Register and attend this first regional materials meetup. Share any tips you’ve learned and ask colleagues how they are handling their materials. We will use Zoom Meetings so you will be able to participate using a desktop computer, laptop or mobile device (i.e. tablet or smart phone).
Please be prepared to discuss the following topics:
- Extra cleaning, handling, maintenance of circulating and browsable materials
- Changes in packaging and preparation of various types of materials
- What your library is doing regarding special collections, particularly non-traditional materials
- Any processing, repackaging or other materials projects your library has been doing
- Other topics (add a discussion topic when you register)
A few days before the meetup, all registrants will receive information on how to connect to Zoom Meetings.
This meetup is sponsored by the Southeastern Wisconsin public library systems: Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, and Monarch Library System.