Tableau Dashboard Design
November 7, 2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
For Library System Staffs Only
Jody Hoesly, Data Services Consultant for the South Central Library System will be here to facilitate a hands-on workshop on developing Tableau dashboards that support library stories. This session is for Library System Staff, but will include a discussion about educational needs around data at the library level.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Provide examples of ways to support library stories with data
- Create and publish a dashboard using Tableau Public
- Describe dashboard design principles and best practices.
To prepare for this training:
- By October 5th, please take this short survey https://goo.gl/forms/8pzOKGolcJjjhn9O2 to help our trainer tailor the session to your needs.
- Download the latest version of Tableau Public Desktop https://public.tableau.com/en-us/s/download (free) or a purchased version of Tableau Desktop onto your laptop.
- Create a Tableau Public Profile https://public.tableau.com/auth/signup.
- Bring your laptop computer with you to the workshop!
To find the Bridges Office: Bridges Office map, directions and parking info is available. We are located on the 2nd floor of the Center City Plaza building in downtown Waukesha. If you park in the Public Parking Ramp (entrance from Wisconsin Avenue and South Street), the skywalk is located on the 2nd Level. Walk through the skywalk into the building and you will see the Bridges Office straight ahead. We will give you a parking token before you leave.
This training for library system staff is sponsored by the Southeastern Wisconsin public library systems: Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, and Monarch Library System.