- March 5, 2019
1:00 pm - 4:00 pm
This workshop will demonstrate quick and easy techniques for extending shelf life on general circulating materials. Prevention is the key, but we will be addressing specific, common repairs: re-inserting loose pages, broken spines, torn header caps, ripped and torn pages. Each participant will need to bring the following:
- 1 or 2 paperback books, preferably new or new-like, to demonstrate covering techniques
- 1 hardbound book with a book jacket to demonstrate application of book jacket covers
- 1 stapled book or magazine
- 1 hardbound book that needs repair
- 1 “naked” hardbound book (i.e. a hardbound book that does NOT have a book jacket cover)
Please note: Seating is limited to 30 people. A library can send one person. Attendees will receive tips and resources so he or she can return to the library and train other staff members.
This program is sponsored by the Southeastern Wisconsin public library systems: Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, and Monarch Library System.