Book Repair with Kapco
October 10, 2018
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
CANCELLED CANCELLED CANCELLED
Session 1: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
Session 2: 1:00 – 4:00 pm
This workshop with a Kapco representative is designed to demonstrate quick and easy techniques for extending shelf life on general circulating materials. Prevention is the key, but we will be addressing specific, common repairs: re-inserting loose pages, broken spines, torn header caps, ripped and torn pages. Each participant will be provided with a free sample packet of materials.
Each participant will need to bring the following:
- 1 or 2 paperback books, preferably new or new-like, to demonstrate covering techniques:
- 1 hardbound book with a book jacket to demonstrate application of book jacket covers;
- 1 stapled book or magazine;
- 1 hardbound book that needs repair
- 1 “naked” hardbound book (i.e. a hardbound book that does NOT have a book jacket cover)
Please note: In order for Kapco to provide these free sessions, each session will need to have attendees from at least 12 different libraries. Seating is limited to 25 participants per session. If a session does not have 12 libraries represented, that session will be cancelled and registrants will be notified that they can sign up and attend the remaining session if there is room.
This program is sponsored by the Southeastern Wisconsin public library systems: Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, and Monarch Library System.