Below is a list of resources and other materials that have come out of various SEWI regional meetings that are useful for library staffs.
Care of Library Materials
These documents came out of the moderated SEWI Care of Library Materials Meeting, held virtually in August 2021. Meeting participants discussed and shared information regarding vendor and service suppliers, creating and mantaining non-traditional items (i.e. kits, binge boxes, cake pans, puzzles, etc.), special projects, and classes, webinars or readings regarding the preparation, repair, care, circulation and management of library materials.
- Resource List 2021: This list provides libraries with a starting place for finding suppliers of supplies and supplementary instruction and information. Please note that this is not an exhaustive list.
- Library Discards List 2021: This document lists places to discard your library materials–for cash or credit, for donations, for trade or exchange, and other methods.
- SEWI Materials Meetup Shared Document 2021: This contains a summary of the discussions on the following topics at the August 2021 meeting:
- Vendor and service suppliers — from acquisitions to weeding
- Non-traditional library materials
- Update on special library projects since reported in 2020
- Classes, webinars or readings that were valuable in preparing, repairing, care, circulating or management of library materials