Upcoming SEWI Sponsored Events
- Aug 22-26: Wisconsin Trustee Training Week webinar series (DPI, Library Systems) Flyer available
- Sep 8: Leading Hybrid Teams for Library Directors & Managers (SEWI)
- Sep 15: Library Service, Security and Safety with Dr. Steve Albrecht (SEWI) at Watertown Public Library
- Sep 20-21: WI Libraries Tech Days
- Sep 29: Graphic Design Crash Course webinar (SEWI)
- Oct 6: Beyond the Post: Making Social Media Work for Your Library webinar (SEWI)
- Oct 24: SEWI Adult Public Programming Meeting (Hybrid)
- Nov 17: Care of Local History Materials (SEWI)–More details & registration coming soon!
- Dec 9: SEWI Library Directors Retreat–details coming soon!
News You Can Use
SEWI LSTA CE Grants available (January – June 2022)! Click on the link for more details. Applications are reviewed monthly. When WAPL Conference registration opens, applications will be reviewed at least weekly.
UW-Madison’s iSchool Continuing Education courses include online tutorials and courses
Ryan Dowd’s Librarian’s Guide to Homelessness online training is available to all Wisconsin library staffs. Contact Laurie Freund (firstname.lastname@example.org) for info.
WebJunction.org is where you can find articles, webinars, self-paced tutorials, and more on a variety of library topics.
ALA eLearning lists courses, webinars and other content on a variety of topics. ALA is in the process of moving recorded and free events into this portal. Until that is completed, they will provide links to find those from other ALA divisions.
Other Webinars To Check Out (courtesy of NEWI Libraries)
Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, and Monarch Library System provide information to member libraries in Southeastern Wisconsin (SEWI) on training and professional development.