- May 2, 4, 9, 18, 23: Discussion Sessions: Understanding Why Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Matter in Majority White Spaces
- Find session links at Wisconsin Libraries Talk About Race
- May 5: Public Libraries and Fake News: How to Educate and Inform in the Age of Disinformation (WVLS)
- May 11-13: Wisconsin Association of Public Libraries (WAPL) Conference at Ingleside Hotel, Pewaukee
- May 17: RA for All: Flip the Script and Think Like a Reader (SCLS)
- May 17: Engaging Makers in a Zoom Environment (UW-Madison iSchool webinar)
- May 18: CCBC Shorts: A (Brief) Monthly Look at Books for Children and Teens (CCBC/SCLS webinar)
- May 25: You Got the Grant – Now What? (NEWI, SCLS)
- May 26: Support Staff & Circulation Services One-Day Conference (WLA)
- June 14: Booktalking Your Way to the Friendliest Library in Town (SCLS)
- June 23-28: American Library Association’s Annual Conference in Washington, DC.
- Aug 22-26: Wisconsin Trustee Training Week webinar series (DPI, Library Systems)
Info coming soon!
- Oct 3-4: Back in Circulation Conference (UW-Madison iSchool)
News You Can Use
SEWI LSTA CE Grants available (January – June 2022)! Click on the link for more details. Applications are reviewed monthly. When WAPL Conference registration opens, applications will be reviewed at least weekly.
Check out UW-Madison’s iSchool Continuing Education courses and scroll down to see the list for the upcoming semester.
Ryan Dowd’s Librarian’s Guide to Homelessness online training is available to all Wisconsin library staffs through December 2022. Contact Laurie Freund (email@example.com) for info
Be sure to bookmark WebJunction.org where you can find articles, webinars, self-paced tutorials, and more on a variety of library topics.
Other Webinars To Check Out (courtesy of NEWI Libraries)
Arrowhead Library System, Bridges Library System, Kenosha County Library System, Lakeshores Library System, Milwaukee County Federated Library System, and Monarch Library System provide information to member libraries in Southeastern Wisconsin (SEWI) on training and professional development.